Jambo and welcome to my blog! I am 3 days away from leaving for my 8 month internship in Nairobi, Kenya and I am feeling both excited and scared at the same time. I am excited for all the amazing opportunities and experiences I am sure I will have, but also scared to be travelling across the world by myself.
Here is some information about my internship:
- Position: Research Assistant at the Aga Khan University Hospital
- Location: Nairobi, Kenya
- Duration: September 2019- April 2020
- Research Focus: Dietary therapies for children with Epilepsy and the use of phenobarbital in middle and low income countries
- Literature search and audit of data for current patients on dietary therapies with simple summary charts
- Basic analysis of descriptive data for patients already on dietary therapies
- Literature search and summary of data on phenobarbital use in low- and middle income countries
- Data entry for project on research on Epilepsy in Africa on ongoing review
- Learn more about the Kenyan culture and East African way of life
- Continuously push myself to try things outside of my comfort zone
Thank you for joining me on this journey!